- One in five (20.5%) of students aged 10-11 had been cyber bullied in the past 12 months
- 18% of the 10-11 year olds surveyed have been cyber bullied while at home.
- 6% of 9-16 year olds have been sent nasty or hurtful messages online , and 3% have sent such messages to others.
- Over half of those who received bullying messages were fairly or very upset.
- One in 13 of the 15-16 year olds report receiving nasty or hurtful messages online.
- Those who have been bullied online are more likely to have been bullied on a social networking site or by instant messaging than by email, in gaming sites or chatrooms
source: - http://puresight.com/Cyberbullying/cyber-bullying-statistics.html